Saturday, July 9, 2011

# 27 Given Up

Given Up is a powerful song, and for me, it has provided endless amounts of inspiration. I do a lot of writing in different genres, but crime fiction is my strong point. Whenever I write chapters with high levels of conflict or intensity, I listen to Given Up on a loop.

"Given Up"

Capturing the intensity of the song was challenging, especially when I'm only using black and white to paint. However, I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out. When painting this piece, I tried to capture the bridge part of the song (you know, the instrumental breakdown followed by Chester's epic seventeen second scream) and I feel as though I've done a decent job with it. But in hindsight, I wish I'd make the lyrics a little more prominent.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment