Saturday, July 16, 2011

# 28 Leave Out All The Rest

Yesterday evening me and my family were discussing death. Yes, quite a morbid topic for a Friday night, but were talking about how we would plan our funerals. After all, death is an inevitability. I think talking about our funerals shows that we are not afraid of death. Besides, why be scared of something you can't change? During last night's conversation, I mentioned about what songs I would play at my funeral, and one of them was Leave Out All The Rest. It's a dark, but beautiful song.

"Leave Out All The Rest"

I think the meaning behind this painting is pretty clear. I actually had wanted to paint more of the lyrics on the canvas, but as you can see, I ran out of room. I kept this painting pretty simple too, but it's effective.

Next up, "Bleed It Out".

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment