Friday, July 1, 2011

# 26 "Wake"

Just finished the next painting. I used a lot of paint so I'll have to wait until it dries. Stay posted for pics!

Well, the 26th painting marks the middle of my project. It also marks the beginning of Minutes To Midnight. When I first heard the album for the first time, I have to admit I was shocked. It was nothing as I expected to be. There were some layers and structures to songs that I recognized, but for the most part, the sound was completely different. It took a while to warm up to, but four years later it's an album I play on a regular basis. I love this album, and I love that Linkin Park evolved.

"Wake"

I think "Wake" is a great opening track, and it starts off timid, and grows into something big. I wanted to make the record more of the focal point of this painting, and Shadowy Guy more of the accessory Did I achieve that? I like to think so.

Next up, "Given Up." Looking forward to it!

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment