Saturday, June 25, 2011

Charity Art Auction

This week at work we had a charity art auction, in support of the SIDS & KIDS Foundation. For the cause, I donated some of my art pieces to be auctioned off. I'm pleased to say I managed to sell 3 out of 5 of my original paintings, and we raised a ton for our charity. The paintings that I donated were all very different, and one of the paintings I was particularly pleased about. I painted Stonehenge this week, which was kind of fitting with the summer solace going on, but unfortunately this piece didn't sell. So now I get to keep it! Here's a few photos of how this painting came to be.


My sketch. Yeah, drawing really isn't my strong point.


Doesn't quite look like Stonehenge yet.


Sky time.


Mixing white and blue to create the sky.


Green. For grass.


Work in progress.


Adding some white and brown into the mix.


It's almost staring to look like a painting.


Grass finished. Not a bad effort.


Now to paint the stones.


Working on the shadows.


Almost two hours later.


Adding details.


Almost three hours later.


My wallpaper.


Finished! I wrote the title and signed the back of it. A funny note here is that while titling the piece, I misspelled Stonehenge and wrote "Stongehenge." Yep. I'm unique in every way.


The final product along with three other paintings I donated to the cause. The sunset desert and cherry blossoms sold, and Stonehenge and the flowers did not. I also sold another three piece canvas artwork featuring gold and blue branches, but it is not pictured here. That particular artwork proved to be very popular, and there have already been requests from friends and co-workers to paint the same thing using different colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment