Saturday, June 25, 2011

# 25 "Numb"

Twenty-five weeks ago I started a painting project. In this project, I would paint one painting a week over the course of the year, incorporating a Linkin Park track from their four studio albums. I've finished Hybrid Theory, and today I finished Meteora.

"Numb"

I had several different ideas for this painting, but I decided to go with something a little bit minimalistic. I think it's fair to say "Numb" is one of Linkin Park's biggest songs. Every concert I've ever been too, the crowd go nuts for this song. Originally, this painting was going to be dark and full of energy, but when I wasn't happy with how it was progressing, I started again and stripped back all the layers. Yes, it's simple, but I think it works. The only thing I'm not fully satisfied with is my ability to write lyrics across the canvas. My writing always seems to start off big, and then gets smaller. That's something I need to work on.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment