Sunday, May 8, 2011

Final Curtain

I feel a little low this evening. DNF has decided to disband, and after our final gig on the 22nd this month, it's officially all over. I really wanted to keep things going, but replacing a singer means rewriting new lyrics and altering songs. Over the last few months I've been having singing lessons, and it's come along so well, I thought maybe I could have a crack at singing lead and playing the bass. It will, however, require a lot of my free time. On top of that, some of my fellow band mates already have other bands in the works. I'm saddened to know that it's come to an end, but I will look back on it fondly.

So what's next for me? Right now I'm finishing up my diploma in August, which will need to take the priority at this stage. As for the future, I can see myself starting up a band. I have so many song ideas that I know I could make it work, and I would love to front my own band one day.

Until then, DNF's final gig will be at the Annanadale the 22nd of May. It's guaranteed to be big.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment