Saturday, May 7, 2011

# 18 Easier to Run

Easier to Run is a very important song to me. It's a real shame Linkin Park don't play the song live anymore, because it is a stand out track in my eyes. Back in 2005, in the penultimate year of high school, I wrote a short novel titled "Easier To Run" and the story was inspired by the song, and it is even reference several times throughout the book. Today as I painted, I kept the song on a repeated loop for three hours. Once again, it provided me with the inspiration I needed.

"Easier To Run"

This painting, is a direct scene from my book. The protagonist, Chris Taylor, drops to his knees at an isolated beach and screams out his anger and frustrations. It's a scene I've envisaged for years, and today I was pleased that I could bring it to life. Also, in case you're wondering why I painted Shadowy Guy with his hands over his ears, it's because my ear hasn't stopped ringing. It's five days later, and the ringing still there, and still annoying the hell out of me. I throughout I'd throw that in too.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment