Saturday, February 5, 2011

# 5 Crawling

In the last few weeks my country has experienced freak weather. Flash flooding, cyclones and heat waves - just to name a few. I'm currently one of the many Australians enduring the heat wave, thus, making it hard to get any work done. This morning, I tried to beat the heat and get up early so I could finish the next painting, and I managed to get it done, but it was already 28 degrees Celsius (84.4 Fahrenheit) at eight o'clock in the morning. It's expected to peak at 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 Fahrenheit)  by midday. Yep, very unpleasant conditions, especially without air conditioning. Anyway, here's the next painting.

"Crawling"

In my eyes, Crawling is one of the stand out tracks on Hybrid Theory. My interpretation of the song is about a drug addict, an ice user to be more specific. It's a known fact that ice users experience a feeling of bugs crawling under their skin, and then they pick at it, leaving them with many wounds. So the lyrics "Crawling in my skin, these wounds will not heal" - supports my interpretation of the song. So I decided to paint Shadowy Guy holding and looking into a broken mirror. Forget what I said last week. This is now my new favourite painting so far.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment