Friday, January 28, 2011

# 4 "Points of Authority"

So how did I spend a perfectly good Friday night? Yep. Painting.

I had several ideas for this particular painting, and the title of the song leaves it open for interpretation a bit. So after drafting many different ideas in my head, I'm still not quite sure how or why I ended up painting a jail break, but I was keen to get started.

"Points of Authority"

I painted this in just a few hours tonight, and it's one of favourites so far (even though I've only done four.) And I was particularly pleased with my spotlight on the wall, mainly because I wasn't sure about how to make it look transparent in the beginning, but I think I made a good effort. Unfortunately, I wish I had made the spotlight a little more circular and perhaps a little more in the middle, because a few members of my family have seen this painting, pointed at the spotlight and said, "what the hell is that?"

Oh well, better not give up my day job.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment