Saturday, March 5, 2011

# 9 A Place For My Head

When I first started this project, I would sketch my ideas out in a notebook, and then I would paint. I no longer sketch draft ideas, lately I've just been grabbing the paints and getting started. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm doing until I start painting shapes. It was a little different today, however. Today I had an idea to do an appropriation of one of my all time favourite paintings, and I think I pulled it off.

"A Place For My Head"

Just finished this painting a couple of hours ago. A Place For My Head is another one of my favourite tracks from Hybrid Theory. To me, there's a lot of underlying themes in the song, and from my interpretation I believe there is a sense of insanity and desperation. With those ideas in mind, I painted this.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment