Saturday, June 9, 2012

Set Backs

Remember how I was saying the illustrations to my children's book were nearly finished? Well, unfortunately it hasn't worked out, so it's a little set back in my plans.

So, what now? I've decided to make matters into my own hands. I'm by no means a great drawer (and I think this point was established during the 52 paintings in 52 weeks project) but I do have a lot of determination. I've got the drive to get this done, and I've been sketching draft copies of the illustrations all day. So far, I've already drawn 1/4 of the book in just half a day. Within three weeks, I hope to have it completely finished - coloured and all. I've already got a publisher lined up so by the end of winter, "Snoozy Sam" should be on the shelves.

Sometimes, if you want something done, you truly have to do it yourself.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment