Friday, June 22, 2012

LIVING THINGS

Today Linkin Park's new album "LIVING THINGS" hit shelves across Australia.

I have been supporting the band since their debut album "Hybrid Theory" back in 2000, and after selling 18 million records worldwide, the band have a constant level of expectation to uphold with their extensive fan base. Personally, I love how the band have evolved throughout the years, and are incredibly diverse across many genres. However, sometimes I understand Linkin Park's vision, and sometimes I don't.

So what do I think of LIVING THINGS? I completely understand the vision here. Honestly, it's some of the band's best work to date.

That's no overstatement - I absolutely love the new album. It's a unique blend of everything the band has done in previous records, with a fresh twist. There are undertones and glimmers of the past on this new album, bringing back memories from "Minutes To Midnight" to "Meteora" to "A Thousand Suns." Don't get me wrong though, LIVING THINGS is a different sound from the band and it definitely stands out and holds the spotlight. Tracks such as "I'LL BE GONE", "ROADS UNTRAVELED", "CASTLE OF GLASS" and "LOST IN THE ECHO" are outstanding. I'll be writing as I listen to this album on a loop.

LIVING THINGS and loving it.




- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment