Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ninja Turtle 365 Photography Challenge

Insomnia is a strange thing.

At approximately 3:30am on the 28th of December, I had a brilliant idea. I thought, "since the year is almost at an end, wouldn't it be fun to start the new year with another yearly project?" After the 52 paintings in 52 week challenge, I wondered what else I could do - but I would have to take it up a notch. "Maybe I could take a photo everyday for one year?" This was an exciting prospect, then my mind drifted into new territory..."what if took one photo everyday under the same theme? What if I had 365 photos of the same subject matter?" I then came up with a brilliant concept. In fact, it was so brilliant it made me jump out of bed in the middle of the night to begin research & planning. So what was the idea?

Ninja Turtles. I kid you not.

I plan to take 365 photos of Ninja Turtles, one for everyday of the year. Yes. I am serious.

Starting the 1st of January, 2014 - I will take one photo everyday of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtlse (in action figure form) getting into all sorts of mischief and mayhem. I already went out to the shops 9am this morning to buy my favourite heroes. Here they are;


I have already made a facebook page too, where you can follow every photo starting on Wednesday;

 https://www.facebook.com/ninjaturtlephotography

- JD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment