Monday, June 24, 2013

The Long Road To Publishing...

I was just thirteen years old when I decided that I wanted to become an author.

I remember one day, sitting on my bed and just daydreaming about a bunch of characters I liked to think about. I remembering thinking to myself - what if I wrote it down? What if I stopped keeping these characters to myself and shared their story? I liked this idea. So, without delay, I found an empty 48 page notebook and wrote the title "Here, There & Back Again" - (and at this point I'd like to remind you I was only 13 years old, and had never read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.) But I wrote the title, and wrote a page of utter madness. The first chapter of my "story" was about a kangaroo stealing a jar of lollies from a young teen named Max. My writing was messy, practically scribbled across the page, with typos galore. However, that's where my love of writing began.

Once I got started, I simply couldn't stop.

Why am I telling you this? Because I've reached a milestone today. Just twenty short minutes ago I sent my debut children's book to the publishers. In just over a month, my book "Snoozy Sam" will be available worldwide.

Yes, folks, all that hard work is finally paying off.


- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment